Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome!
Thank you for taking a moment to check out my new website and blog. A couple of months ago, I thought it would be a good idea to share my thoughts and even more importantly open the door to receive your comments about life in Grass Valley and beyond. Some have already provided input as to my demise and the possible ridicule I will receive from opening myself up...well...I obviously beg to differ. I would rather be available and transparent; lending a hand to make my community (locally, nationally, and internationally) a better and more communicative environment than hide behind the scary monster of fear and doubt. I will be the first to tell you I do not know everything. Some would argue that I do not know anything, but one thing I hope to be extended is the chance to learn, whether it be privately or publicly.
So...please join me on my journey of life, as a young elected official, student, wife, and woman. I look forward to your comments and ask you to please be respectful of each other and me.

2 comments:

  1. Yolanda, you should be commended for making yourself available in this forthright way. I appreciate -- and sympathize -- with what you said about "not knowing everything."

    Although I'm not young -- I'm 67 -- I started a blog (several actually) since Jane and I retired to Grass Valley a couple of years ago, and I am very conscious of how little I know. We're trying to learn as much as possible about our new community here by listening respectfully to those of you who have been around longer and can teach us.

    Thank you for the opportunity to give you this feedback, and good luck with this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete